Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Review

52 comments
Hello Everybody!

I was in London yesterday for a day out with my friends and quickly picked up the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish from the Oxford Street John Lewis. This has had brillaint reviews and I wanted to give it a try.

It comes in many different sizes but the lady at the counter pointed me to the starter kit which she said was the best value for first-time users. It costs £15.50 (but of course I got my discount, so it was cheaper for me haha) and you get an 100ml bottle and two of the muslin cloths, as well as step by step instructions, all in a bag (good for traveling!) The bottle is easy to grip with wet hands and the cap stays put. It has a nice pump on it.




I just want to say that I am not an expert in skin products and I haven't used enough to give a good judgement compared to similar products. But I'll do my best! Here are my thoughts.

First Impressions:

The first time I used it was in the morning. The product itself was thick and creamy, had a nice scent and felt good as I applied it to my face. Usually in the morning I find a little bit of eye makeup is remaining (just me?) so I applied it around my eyes as well. The muslin cloths provided are not flannel-like, they are less rough and reminded me of linen bed sheets (the best way to describe it..) and easily wiped it all of my face. 

Honestly, I felt so good! (So good I had to take photos, which you can see below) It gently exfoliates and feels luxurious on the skin. I was half asleep when I tried it but this had completely woken me, and my skin, up. My pores looked smaller and my skin had a glow to it, looking so fresh and healthy. It had also easily removed any remaining makeup from around my eyes. 

Removing Makeup:

This product removes makeup brilliantly, even mascara which I was pleasantly surprised about! Your skin feels squeaky clean afterwards, but not dry at all.

After Many Uses:

My skin type is normal to dry. I am lucky enough to not have particularly bad skin, but I have dry patches, redness, large pores and get lots of blackheads. 

This product has not dried my skin out and I have not noticed any bad effects such as increased number of spots. The muslin cloth (well two of them) that it comes with could seem unnecessary but I think it made it feel more luxurious and is definitely a gentle exfoliator so great for sensitive skin! 

To be honest I haven't noticed a huge difference in my skin in the long run. Perhaps this is because my skin wasn't particularly 'bad' before but I don't know. However I absolutely love the glowing look it immediately gives me and I honestly looked so much more healthy, and I think my pores appeared smaller. It is an expensive product (compared to something by a brand such as Simple - which I love by the way) but feels expensive due to the thickness of the cleanser and the muslin cloth so I will probably re-purchase it when it runs out. 

Also, Liz Earle use natural ingredients and don't test on animals which is always something I look for in a product.


These photos were taken after the first time I used it. I took them because my skin felt fabulous!! I am wearing a little bit of concealer and face powder.

And also how awesome is my new camera! Oh my god I am so happy with it :)

Love, Phoebe x
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

52 comments

  1. I still haven't tried this yet but every review I read has lots of positive results! Definitely need to try this myself soon x

    www.krystelcouture.com | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I definitely recommend it :) x

      Delete
  2. I only have a sample of this at the moment but I love it too! :) It's so gentle on the skin whilst being really effective. I always find I have eyeliner under my lashes in the morning when I wake up :') It's just so difficult to remove!

    Becki | beautyandthebrunette.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. you've got really gorgeous skin!

    maireem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought the cleanse and cloth polish and loved it! I now have so many travel sized versions thanks to beauty boxes and calendars!!!!! Great for holidays, bad for my hoarding problems :)

    http://katsbeautytales.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard so many great things about Liz Earle's products. Need to check it out. Great post and the pictures are so nice.

    LEJA

    justabriefmoment.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look absolutely beautiful! The wipes look so efficient.

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep meaning to buy this, but still haven't got round to it. I hear so many rave reviews I think it will be my next purchase when my current cleanser runs out!

    Bethan Likes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely need to try this! I've already seen and read so many good things about it <3
    xx Ama

    PHUCKITFASHION

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen a bad word about it haha x

      Delete
  9. Your skin looks amazing, so jealous! Thanks for sharing these products. Looking forward to more blog posts.

    Love, Megan x
    (http://lattesandlondon.com)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have beautiful skin! I also like how brown your eyes are. Anyway I'd love to try this product too. I'm not sure if they're available in my country though.

    www.annescribblesanddoodles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god thank you! Aw that's such a shame, hopefully it will be soon x

      Delete
  11. Your review is very helpful and detailed :) congrats on your new camera xx
    marinasirmais

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it was helpful! thanks :) x

      Delete
  12. I love Cleanse and Polish! Coming to the end of my current bottle but defiantly going to have to repurchase!
    Bea
    www.thebeacollective.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have dry skin too and I love this! Your skin looks really beautiful and clear :) xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so nice of you thank you :) x

      Delete
  14. Sounds like a really nice product - never tried anything from Liz Earle, but I like that they don't use any weird stuff in their products! I didn't know that about them. Oh, by the way you have the most amazing complexion - it looks so bright! You've got yourself a new follower, loving your posts so keep up the great work :)

    xo Mel || Sketch & Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You should try this, its great x

      Delete
  15. You really look stunning in the pictures. Does it contain mineral oil? I remember reading it somewhere, so I never purchased on, as mineral oil is a no-go on my skin.

    LindaLibraLoca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not quite sure but there is a list of the ingredients on their website here:

      http://uk.lizearle.com/cleanse-tone-moisturise/cleanse-and-polish-hot-cloth-cleanser.html?ingredients

      I hope that's helpful! x

      Delete
  16. You have amazing skin, I am so jealous! I love cleanse and polish too, it's one of my favourites! x

    whatbeckyloves.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was having a good skin day to be honest haha, I'm sure your skin is lovely :) x

      Delete
  17. You look lovely!! Great post!! :)

    nikitapalei.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much for your comments Nikita x

      Delete
  18. This sounds like a great cleanser! I really want to try it! :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a go, its great x

      Delete
  19. I Like your blog very much! I found your posts very interesting! And also I like your beautiful photos! I know that blog requires much time, but keep doing it!
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so nice of you to say, thank you x

      Delete
  20. I love cleansers and this one is definitely a staple in my routine. I also love Liz Earle's toner. She's got such a lovely skincare line. x

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried that! I must try more of her products as I love this one x

      Delete
  21. Congrats on the new camera! And it is so nice to be happy with a new product!

    sunandsany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am so pleased with it :) It is so annoying when you are disappointed with a high end product! x

      Delete
  22. I've never heard of this but it sounds amazing! Oh and btw, you have a gorgeous flawless skin hehe. ;-) Nice photos, congrats on the new camera.

    crush-on-blush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Liz Earle is a great brand you should check them out :) x

      Delete
  23. nice review :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I used to use this cleanser a few years ago and I loved it until I developed eczema, I haven't been able to use it since x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a shame! I had eczema when I was younger and it was such a pain :/ you should try the brand e45 I found their products really good! x

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig